Evergreen is Sunrider’s concentrated liquid chlorophyll. A superior source of oxygenation for the blood (circulatory system) and support for the digestive system, Evergreen is Sunrider’s wonderfully refreshing beverage that energizes the body and helps maintain healthy cells.
Evergreen Uses and Benefits*:
● Rich in iron, zinc and calcium, this liquid formula provides the body with important minerals and nutrients.
● The main ingredient is chlorophyll from the alfalfa plant. Chlorophyll, the nutrient-rich “lifeblood” of plants, gives plants the ability to convert sunlight into energy. Chlorophyll has been shown to have the following beneficial effects on the human body:
● Oxygenates the blood, improves circulation and blood flow through arteries
● Similar in molecular structure to hemoglobin (the substance in the red blood cells that transports oxygen from the lungs to the body’s tissue), chlorophyll enhances this important transmission process and promotes healthy tissue.
● Increases alkalinity in the body, helping to counterbalance the intake of acidic-foods (wheat, dairy, meat, sugar and most grains). Disease thrives in an acidic environment, while chlorophyll helps increase alkalinity, helping to prevent disease.
● Provides important trace minerals including strontium, which is a nutrient that helps bones retain minerals such as calcium and magnesium
● Rich in enzymes, chlorophyll aids the digestive system in the breakdown of fats and carbohydrates so they can be used for energy. It acts as a natural energy booster.
● Strengthens the lining of the gastrointestinal tract
● Enhances immunity and helps the body ward off infection
● Can be consumed with water first thing in the morning to facilitate the kidneys and bladder in their release of uric acid and urine
● Soothes nausea and morning sickness, reduces bad breath, body odors and gas
● Topical application helps keep cuts and wounds clean, as well as helps to increase the rate of healing of cuts, wounds, burns and bleeding gums.
● Can aid in the birthing process to prevent hemorrhaging
● Helps reduce hot flashes during menopause
● Can be mixed with water and given to newborns to reduce colic
● Though in a water base, Evergreen is formulated to become oil-soluble when the stomach acids act upon it, thus providing chlorophyll in an oil-soluble state (its natural form), which is most absorbable by the body. This formulation by Dr. Chen is exclusive to Sunrider; most other chlorophyll supplements are marketed in a water-soluble state for ease of manufacturing. This means they are not as readily assimilable as Sunrider’s formulation.